Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 17



After a really long day yesterday, and trying to set up my newly acquired iPod, I only got 4 hours sleep before I had to wake up 5am to get out to Yomiuri Land. Got there 7:30, but had no idea what way to take from the station. I spotted some guys who I immediately knew were going to Yomiuri Land too. They're not hardcore wota which you would notice right away, but most of them they still got some kind of special dress code. To me it's like they're trying to be fashionable but totally fail. A few of them are cool though.

So, it's a small bus ride but definitely faster than walking and when we got to Yomiuri Land some people started running so I just went along. It was the first time I was there, so I had no idea where in the line I was. One guy had prepared lots of small birthday cards that he handed out to people in the line to write a message on and then give to Rena. Her 19th birthday is on the 27th.

But I got a seat ticket on the 15th row in the middle, and handshake ticket for the first round. They were gonna do the handshakes in six rounds until 7:15pm. Wow.

Got everything I needed at around 9:30, so the waiting wasn't that bad. Only 2 hours. I was only gonna do one handshake.



Went around the park a little and was tempted to ride something, but I figured I should just come back some other day and take it easy. The park is kinda big and they got a couple of rides I want to try.

I forgot that TV screens aren't vertical.


AKBINGO! 091125

They opened the gates to the stage at 10:30 so I just went there and waited at my seat. Both yesterday and today was extremely hot. Only five minutes after being in the first line in the morning I could feel the sweat run down my chest and back. Good thing I had a typical wota muffler towel with me.



All members showed up at the stage around 11:30 to check out the stage, where to stand etc. Started at 12, with the members doing the usual talking about the new single, what they wanna say with it, how they've been doing the same stuff as in the lyrics themselves etc. Since it's soon Rena's birthday, the host asked the audience if there was any birthday kids (only today, tomorrow didn't count). There was like 5 guys and 2 girls who, after showed their ID to prove it, got to go on the stage and do a long handshake with their favorite member! That's not all, they were gonna get birthday presents sent home to them! WTF! Some people are just too lucky. Anyway, the mini live started soon after with Pinokio-gun, then Hazumisaki and Shouja wa manatsu ni nani wo suru? Gomenne Summer was last.

Since I was only gonna do one handshake I wanted to get it over with quickly so tried to find the line and waited for about 5 minutes after it started. I felt kinda bad for some of the members who's table was completely empty for a long time. Most people were of course doing Jurina or Rena. I went with Rena. I just said that I like spicy food jus tlike her (even though I'm ver y weak compared to her), and that I'll see her again tomorrow. She was really nice and I totally felt that my message got through. You know you only got 5 seconds at events like these.

The reason I only did one handshake is because I didn't want to line up again, that would take another hour or even more. And Watarirouka had their "private handshaking event" today too. No songs or talking though. Got to Ikebukuro at around 3pm, did Rabutan, which was abit of a dissapointment. She didn't really smile or say much. The guy who was taking the tickets said something about her throat being bad and she could speak too well. Oh well, it was on my way home anyway, and I got the ticket for free, so it's not like I spent anything.

No comments: