Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 32



Time to head out to west Japan. First stop is Hiroshima for more regular sightseeing. Something that puzzles me, is that Japan is so famous for having such good service, but the the way I experience it is that the service is extremely bad at famous tourist spots. I just wanna punch them in the face when I ask or say something in Japanese and get a reply in English like I'm stupid. Anyway, what I especially wanted to see was Miyajima, one of the Three Wonders in Japan. I only knew about a red shrine on water, and the large torii gate.



After seeing those, which went on pretty quickly, I walked around the town a little bit and noticed that there's alot to see on the island's biggest mountain, Mt Misen. There was a ropeway but I decided to walk the 2.2km trail up the mountain since it would feel more of an achievement. Was pretty much alone on the trail all of the time except for two or three groups of gaijins.



Up at the summit there was some big rocks and an obstacle-free 360 panoramic view.



Walked another path down which was longer, and stopped by a complete empty sky shrine.



Finally back down at the big gate I wanted to wait abit for the low tide so I could get closer.



On Miyajima there are alot of wild deers going around trying to snatch food from tourists.



Then back to Hiroshima to try to find the hotel. Spent another 2 hours walking in the dark trying to find it. When I asked for directions at one of the bigger train stations, they told me there are no stations, and that I had to walk or take a cab, but there's a big fucking monorail-type station right there. There was very little light, almost none at all, along the sidewalks. And they were very narrow and dangerous. When I finally found the hotel, there was a group of school students sitting in the lounge room who said I was looking cool. I answered that it was hot, haha.

No comments: