Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 37

Today I went to Akihabara first to check the regular stuff. No new items at Liberty, but at the theater floor of Don Quixote there were less people than last time, so I could take my picture with the fishheads.



Nobody was trading pics which was a little dissapointing since I got a couple of ones I want to get rid of. But at the official store they got new items - B5th and K6th studio recordings CD's. Just outside Club Sega nar the station I saw a girl handing out flyers for some game, and her outfit looked completely like the Iiwake Maybe outfit. So I asked her if it was AKB cosplay, and she said "no, it's from this game" and handed me the flyer. Yeah right, I thought. After looking at the flyer, the cosplay was actually from one the girls in the game. Still a complete rip-off of the AKB outfit.


Then I went to Trio 2 at Nakano Broadway again to buy more pics. I've decided to try to get 3 or 6 of each set, because they look good together in the binder. Nakano Broadway is shopping mall located by the end of a long shopping street just north of Nakano station.



Trio got a few stores there, the first one is for all the boy bands like Arashi, SMAP, Hey Say Jump, etc. At Trio 2 they focus on female idols and movie stars. They got plenty of posters, old magazines, trading cards and pictures, promo stuff, etc. They got a special corner for the AKB pictures, which they really need to expand. There are always a bunch of people there browsing the pics. At Trio 3, they got Hello Project stuff, but I've never found that store.





Back home the BBQ party had already started, so I just dig in on whatever I could find. It's really nice that the landlord is doing this kind of thing for everyone, and it's a real pity more people living here don't participate or enjoy it as much as he would want them to.



Around the corner there was a bunch of people carrying around a shrine and making alot of noise. Not sure what the festival or activity is called.



When it got dark we did some fireworks. They got alot of different fireworks in Japan, and these were all for holding in your hand. Some of them were really nice and flashy, but very short.



And this is the loot from today. A bunch of pics and the two new studio recordings.

No comments: