Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 38


Today was the last day I could use the JR Pass, and decided to head straight for Atami around noon for more AKB sightseeing. This place was visited in AKB48+10 episode 18 (broadcasted 2009/03/02). I decided to do this one because Krisu was there, who I'm starting to like more and more. Especially that she's got a little bit of sadism in her - jumping on the bridge to scare Sasshi, and pushing down Yukirin's legs in the onsen when she thought it was too hot.



AKB48+10 - Episode 18 (090302)




AKB48+10 - Episode 18 (090302)


Eki-ben (lunch boxes at stations) are pretty expensive, so I bought something cheaper from the convenience store to eat on the train to Jogasaki-Kaigan. The line is private from Ito, so had to pay 560 yen despite having the JR pass. Upon arriving at the station, I immediately went for the small onsen at the station.



AKB48+10 - Episode 18 (090302)



AKB48+10 - Episode 18 (090302)

The sign just outside the station was hard to see due to the summer.



AKB48+10 - Episode 18 (090302)

I didn't know where the bridge was located, but I saw a sign with the kanji for bridge, and lighthouse, so I just followed those.



This seemed to be a pretty famous tourist spot, but only for Japanese people with cars. It's summer holiday this coming week for most people, so could be another reason why there was so much people.



AKB48+10 - Episode 18 (090302)



AKB48+10 - Episode 18 (090302)

A couple of other pics from the same location. It looked pretty dangerous with children playing around there without any fences.



Back at Atami I hopped on the Shinkansen for Shizuoka to see the 1:1 scale Gundam, now with laser sword. Actually both the 10 Nen Zakura school and one of the Densen Uta locations are also in the prefecture of Shizuoka, but the school is located pretty far away from any train station, and the Densen Uta location, which is also a school, I figured might be locked pretty well. The movie sucks anyway.


The model was amazing! Great detail and lighting. The special light show could be a little more flashy though. And I thought the sword was gonna be lit up, but it there's just some effects. I'll just post a bunch of Gundam photos now to let you jawdrop at. At the official shop I bought a commemoration t-shirt. I usually just buy t-shirts since that's something I can use.







There was also a screenshots from a TV show where Mocchi, Yuko and Natsumi try gyuutan frank (beef tongue hot dog). Anyone know what show this is? I had already eaten by the time I saw it.


 On the train home this whole day felt kind of unreal, like a dream. AKB sightseeing in the afternoon and a 1:1 scale Gundam in the evening. Plus great trains and food. Japan is just too awesome. Overall it's been really nice with the JR Pass, being able to travel pretty much anywhere I want for free. I should really try to get it every time I go to Japan as a temporary visitor.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanna see the two locations with your good photographs:
Chris Nakatuka's fishing site: Suidobashi?
(along the chuoh line, i think)
Queen&Elizabeth LOVE WARS' PV location: Odaiba?
(very good PV: this year's Best so far)

Unknown said...

Odaiba coming up soon. Not sure if I will go to the fishing site, as entrance might not be free and maybe you need fishing gear to be let in.

Unknown said...

Ah bon! I'm looking forward to it.
After seeing through your superb photos,
i'm tempted to buy EOS,
(7 is too heavy, maybe 5 or Kiss...)

About Saint Kuuya:
He is not so famous for his religious achivements, but he is famous for that wooden statue (which we can see in Rokuharamitu-ji in Kyoto).
especially those six small Budda figures from his mouth like a baloon in Manga, which stand for six Kanji-s "南無阿弥陀仏", one of buddists' normal chants, are very unique i think.
This statue photo appears in Junior high school text book.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up about Kuuya.

I agree that 7D is too heavy. I've been trying it out at Yodobashi Camera and I'd rather spend the money on better lenses for now.